Effective Exterior Signage
When working with your business or organization on new exterior signage, our experienced account executives will create the most effective signage solution based on the following considerations:
Exterior Signage Considerations
Where is your Signage Located?
In the simplest sense, you may be thinking “above my door” or “freestanding beside the road.” However, from our perspective, where your potential clients are viewing your signage from has a huge impact on design, and the type of exterior signage we will suggest for your business. Here are a few aspects we will consider:
- Visibility: is landscaping obstructing the view of your exterior sign, or will the display be blocked if someone parks in front of it?
- Viewing Distance: the average distance your clients are viewing the signage from will determine the overall height (size) of the signage.
- Effectiveness: will the potential customer have time to see your sign, slow down and turn into your business?
Over-sized tenant panels are more effective given distance from the road (Edmonton)
What is your Intention for Signage?
Is your signage strictly to mark your location as you have no storefront customers or to reinforce your brand image? Or are you hoping to capitalize on the fact that 90% of consumers purchase on impulse? Your intent and goals for exterior signage will determine what we recommend as a solution:
Molded Plastic Non-Illuminated Letters (Blackfalds, AB)
- An Electronic Message Centre (LED Signs) will increase retail sales from 15% – 150%.
- A Freestanding Pylon attracts customers to your storefront from a greater distance.
- Non-Illuminated Channel letters are an affordable option to mark a location that doesn’t have storefront sales.
Our experienced team will help your business achieve your goals with effective signage.
What is your brand image?
From an exterior signage perspective, specific colours illuminate better than others; white, red, and green are highly visible, whereas blue, purple or darker tones will not be as effective. The background you are mounting is just as important; a white logo may look great on a blue background, but won’t have enough contrast on a light beige wall.
- We will adapt your logo into a highly visible and illuminated signage solution.
Adding a white outline increases visibility (Edmonton, AB)
After an initial survey of your storefront to confirm site details (including colours!), our creative Design Team will present options that respect the integrity of your branding while suggesting the best exterior signage solution for your business.
- Perforated vinyl film can appear dark during the day, and illuminates white at night; a great option for dark logos!
- Incorporating a white outline around darker colours can greatly increase visibility.
Return on Investment | Budgeting
Unlike traditional radio or newspaper advertising, many businesses don’t view their exterior signage as advertising, and will purchase signage outright. Not only will our team recommend a signage budget that will allow for appropriate signage to serve your growing business for years to come, but we also offer flexible signage financing to help offset the cost of a new display:
- Flexible terms make it easy to work payments into your cash flow.
- Amortize the signage over your payment schedule.
Ready to trust your exterior signage project to one of Western Canada’s top signage companies? Contact Us today for more information on our affordable, effective signage displays: