Quality Edmonton Signs Since 1947
Established in 1947, Blanchett Neon Ltd. is a full-service signage company specializing in illuminated business signage. We work with organizations of all sizes and provide turn-key solutions including creative, award-winning designs, quality manufacturing, safe and efficient installations and industry-leading customer service from start to finish to ensure complete customer satisfaction in process of purchasing custom signage displays.
Blanchett Neon Staff Photo- Circa Late 1940’s
Blanchett Decorators: Neon & Sign Division was founded in 1947 by George W. Blanchett when he bought a used neon-bending machine to service the business boom following WWII, and the rest is history! Our current president, Daryl Blanchett, is the third generation at the helm of Blanchett Neon, continuing the legacy George began back in 1947.
The family aspect of our family-owned-and-operated business is an extremely important factor in our continued success and we are proud that many of our staff remain with us for their entire careers:
- Multiple staff have celebrated over 40 years with Blanchett.
- Numerous 25+ employees whose knowledge and experience are unmatched in the Industry.
- Unlike other sign shops featuring “jack-of-all-trades” employees completing every aspect of production, we employ specialized, in-house, tradespeople with formal training and extensive experience in their respective fields.
Learn more about our Company History.
Safe Work Practices
Our commitment to safety is rooted in our dedication to our staff; when your employees are family, they deserve the right to work in a safe work environment.
- We have maintained a current, audited COR (Certificate of Recognition) status since 2008, and have implemented an industry-leading safety program.
- Training courses are continually offered to teach workplace and home life safety practices.
Learn more about our other certifications, qualifications and affiliations.
Quality Signage Displays
Wiring of JACOBS Engineering Skyline Signage Letters
Our reputation as industry-leaders has been built upon our legacy of excellence. Consistent standards of quality are the first and last consideration of our operations. All design, estimating, drafting, manufacturing, installation and maintenance are managed in-house to ensure quality control, including:
- Multi-level review of drawings for consistency and accuracy.
- Written standards are met or exceeded and confirmed with inspections following each stage in production.
- Partnering with Industry Leaders that stand behind their product and have proven product success.
- Signage is designed and built with Canadian climate considerations in mind.
Rarely will our Edmonton signs be the cheapest, but our guarantee is that our signage displays will last for the life of your business, and will look and function as great as the day they were installed.
Learn more about our quality manufacturing procedures.
Many other sign shops often have “jack-of-all-trades” employees that will see every aspect of signage production through from start-finish. We, on the other hand, employ specialized tradesmen (and women!) in-house that are trained and highly experienced in their respective departments:
Complete Sign Design proposal created for Century Casino
Our Design Team consists of award-winning graphic designers that have been professionally trained in the Adobe Suite, Corel Suite, Maxwell Render and Google Sketchup. Signage design is a bit different from traditional graphic design, as you are limited by the products and sizing available. This is where our years of experience really help our team stand out from the competition. We are knowledgeable regarding which products work best in our harsh Western Canadian climate, but that will also translate into a creative design concept that attracts attention to your business.
- Knowledgeable as to what products work best for signage design applications.
- Capable of working from standard, supplied architect renderings or creating complete signage design proposals from scratch.
With 28,000sq ft of manufacturing space at our unionized Edmonton facility, we are capable of managing the in-house production of most types of custom signage, including:
Full-time, experienced staff working year-round in the following departments:
- Metal (Aluminum, Angle-iron, Sheet Metal, etc.)
- Paint (Two spray booths).
- Layout / Vinyl Application
- Let-R-Edge (Channel Letters)
Installation & Service
Rexall Place Signage Installation
An easy way to reduce signage pricing is to employ untrained, unqualified, entry-level installers to mount your signage displays; but that’s just not how we operate. All crews installing and servicing signage displays are trained and certified technicians that will complete your Edmonton Signs installation correctly, safely and efficiently the first time.
- Service & Maintenance packages are available for worry-free signage.
- Contact Us for yearly signage cleaning, LED retrofitting, or diagnosis of Digital Signage problems.
- Digital Signage Experts– all crews have been Factory Trained to install and service Daktronics LED Signs.
We want to be YOUR Edmonton Signs provider for life, so Contact Us for even more information on illuminated signage displays by Alberta’s top signage company or request a quote online: