Careers / Job Postings
Blanchett Neon is always on the lookout for talented employees to join our award-winning team. Contact Us for more information, and check this page often for specific listings.
To apply, please email your resume to careers @ blanchettneon.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Posted February 24, 2020
Blanchett Neon is currently seeking two (2) General Laborers to join our industry-leading team of signage professionals in Edmonton, AB. This is a full-time position in a union manufacturing facility, and the successful candidate will work along senior staff members, with responsibilities to include:
- Demonstrating conduct in line with Blanchett’s Vision and Values.
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the manufacturing shop.
- Performing general tasks related to material handling, clean-up, basic tool and machinery operations, and other manufacturing activities at a custom sign shop.
- Assisting tradespersons and other fabrication shop personnel.
- Perform regular production quality checks.
- Approve or reject materials with respect to quality standards.
- Under direct supervision, may be required to operate basic hand and power tools.
- Clean work areas and equipment.
- Transport raw materials, finished products, and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment.
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products.
- Assisting staff with installs.
- Weeding & peeling vinyl in preparation for install
- Cleaning & prepping surfaces for install.
- Promote positive and constructive participation by all staff in Blanchett processes and activities.
Experience / Requirements:
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Valid Forklift ticket.
- Ability to safely work with a respirator and other Personal Protective Equipment for extended periods of time.
- Ability to manually lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding multi-tasking work environment. This position may require some overtime, as well as a flexible work schedule.
- Will be required to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, including use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to review and interpret work orders and shop drawings.
Why Work for Us?
- Edmonton-based, family-owned and operated company with?over 70 years?of success.
- Full Benefits Package and RRSP program after probationary period.
- Opportunities for Advancement and Personal Development.
Blanchett would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.